So, you’re looking for the best crypto to buy now? Or maybe you’re interested in the best way to buy crypto? I’ve prepared some information you might find helpful. With the growing interest in cryptocurrencies and recent events in the business world, here’s something from me. Maybe you’ll discover useful things here – enjoy!
“If you don’t believe it or don’t get it, I don’t have the time to try to convince you, sorry.”Satoshi Nakamoto
Defining cryptocurrency investment
Let’s get back to basics. Investing in crypto involves allocating capital to acquire and hold cryptocurrencies, with the expectation of generating a return on investment over time. Cryptocurrency investment entails buying digital assets with cryptography, often for a long-term hold, and leveraging the market’s volatility for potential profit. Some individuals use crypto for portfolio diversification, requiring thorough research, secure wallet practices, and compliance with regulations. Successful investors navigate market timing challenges, manage inherent risks, and prioritize choosing reputable exchanges for transactions. Take notes from the best.
Market cap meaning
Do you know the common term “market cap”? Cryptocurrency market capitalization, often referred to as crypto market cap, is a measure of the total value of a particular cryptocurrency or the entire cryptocurrency market. It is calculated by multiplying the current market price of a cryptocurrency by its total circulating supply. I don’t think you’ll need it, but the formula for calculating market cap is:
Market Cap=Current Price×Circulating Supply
- Current price – This is the current market price of one unit of the cryptocurrency, usually measured in a specific fiat currency (e.g., US dollars, euros).
- Circulating supply – This represents the total number of units of the cryptocurrency that are actively in circulation and available for trading. It excludes any coins that may be locked or reserved.
The top 5 cryptos for now
Check out the current crypto market cap for the top 5 cryptos:
(source, Jan., 2024)
If you want or need to see the top 100 crypto list, here is the link (this is how you can do a live coin watch). As I said, it’s all about cryptocurrency today, because the situation is constantly changing. The market of cryptocurrencies is sometimes chaotic and very unstable. Remember to stay tuned and check the new cryptocurrency information. You can follow the crypto Twitter accounts like:
By following the crypto Twitter, you can choose the best crypto to buy now and discover all the upcoming crypto. Sometimes it seems overwhelming, especially at the beginning. Try to take small steps.
Top cryptocurrency for investment (1-5)
This can help you if you’re searching for the top cryptocurrency for investment. Take a look and remember to stay up to date with all the changes. Here are the most popular coins now:
- 1. Bitcoin (BTC)
Introduced in 2009 by Satoshi Nakamoto, Bitcoin (BTC) stands as the pioneer of cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin’s price has surged dramatically, starting at around $500 in May 2016 and reaching approximately $46,770 per Bitcoin as of January 9, 2024—a remarkable growth of 9,254%.
- 2. Ethereum (ETH)
Functioning as both a cryptocurrency and a blockchain platform, Ethereum is favored by developers for its versatile applications, including smart contracts and non-fungible tokens (NFTs). Ethereum has witnessed substantial growth, with its price soaring from about $11 in April 2016 to around $2,269 by the end of January 2024—an impressive increase of 20,523%.
- 3. Tether (USDT)
Distinguished from other cryptocurrencies, Tether (USDT) operates as a stablecoin, backed by fiat currencies such as U.S. dollars and the Euro. This backing theoretically ensures a more stable value compared to other, more volatile cryptocurrencies, making it appealing to investors cautious of extreme market fluctuations.
- 4. Binance Coin (BNB)
Originally designed for trading and fee payment on the Binance exchange, Binance Coin (BNB) has evolved beyond its initial purpose. Starting at $0.10 in 2017, BNB reached around $302 by late January 2024, marking an astounding gain of 302,227%.
- 5. Solana (SOL)
Developed to support decentralized finance (DeFi) applications, decentralized apps (DApps), and smart contracts, Solana utilizes a unique hybrid proof-of-stake and proof-of-history mechanism for fast and secure transaction processing. Launched in 2020 at $0.77, SOL’s price reached around $101.38 by late January 2024, showing a significant gain of 13,066%.
Top cryptocurrency for investment (6-10)
- 6. XRP (XRP)
Created by founders associated with Ripple, XRP facilitates exchanges on the Ripple network, including various currency types like fiat currencies and major cryptocurrencies. Starting at $0.006 in early 2017, XRP’s price reached $0.56 by January 9, 2024, marking an increase of 9,277%.
- 7. U.S. Dollar Coin (USDC)
Similar to Tether, USD Coin (USDC) is a stablecoin backed by U.S. dollars, aiming for a 1:1 ratio. Powered by Ethereum, USDC facilitates global transactions.
- 8. Cardano (ADA)
Joining the crypto scene later, Cardano (ADA) is notable for its early adoption of proof-of-stake validation, enhancing transaction speed and reducing energy consumption. Starting at $0.02 in 2017, ADA’s price reached $0.52 by January 9, 2024, reflecting an increase of 2,480%.
- 9. Avalanche (AVAX)
Avalanche offers fast transaction speeds and low fees, along with a substantial total value locked (TVL) in decentralized finance. TVL indicates protocol popularity and cryptocurrency adoption rates. As of now, Avalanche’s price is $36.
- 10. Dogecoin (DOGE)
Originally a joke in 2013, Dogecoin gained prominence with a dedicated community and creative memes. Unlike many other cryptocurrencies, there is no limit to the number of Dogecoins that can be created, making it susceptible to devaluation as the supply increases. Starting at $0.0002 in 2017, Dogecoin’s price reached $0.08 by January 2024, showcasing a remarkable increase of 39,019%.
(source, Jan., 2024)
AI crypto as the best crypto to buy now?
Artificial Intelligence (AI) tokens (AI crypto) are cryptocurrencies designed specifically to support projects, applications, and services within the realm of AI. These encompass decentralized AI marketplaces, AI-fueled trading algorithms, AI-operated decentralized autonomous organizations, and various others. These tokens serve either as transactional currency within the AI platform or grant governance rights to their holders. With all the AI revolution around, it’s not a surprise that there is a place for it in the crypto market.
Here you have the top 5 AI crypto for now:
(source, Jan., 2024)
Store the best crypto to buy now with crypto wallets
Let’s start with the definition – a crypto wallet is a digital tool that enables users to store and manage their cryptocurrencies. It doesn’t actually “store” the coins but instead holds the private keys necessary to access and control the funds on the blockchain. Wallets can come in various forms, such as software, hardware, paper, and mobile wallets. Each type has its own set of advantages and considerations.
The crypto hot wallet
A hot wallet is a type of cryptocurrency wallet that is connected to the internet and is actively used for transactions. These wallets are more convenient for frequent trading or spending of cryptocurrencies but are considered less secure compared to cold wallets because they are susceptible to online threats, such as hacking and malware. Examples of hot wallets include online wallets, mobile wallets, and software wallets.
- Coinbase Wallet
– Coinbase Wallet easily connects to major bank accounts. It supports popular cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, and BNB, as well as all ERC-20 tokens and tokens on EVM-compatible blockchains.
- Trust Wallet
– As the official mobile app of Binance, Trust Wallet is a well-known mobile online crypto wallet. Despite its affiliation with Binance, it operates as a non-custodial wallet, ensuring users retain control over their private keys.
– Established in 2011, Electrum is among the oldest and most recognized Bitcoin-only wallets. Its focus on Bitcoin allows it to provide tailored support for the currency, making it a trusted choice for Bitcoin enthusiasts.
– Tailored for Bitcoin traders seeking simplicity, BlueWallet, like Electrum, exclusively supports Bitcoin. It allows the wallet to concentrate on enhancing the Bitcoin experience, offering an alternative for those who prefer straightforward software.
– Crypto.com DeFi Wallet provides users with control over their digital assets and private keys. Offering features not found in regular custodial wallets, it facilitates one-to-one crypto swaps and tools for earning passive income.
The crypto cold wallet
A cold wallet is a type of cryptocurrency wallet that is not connected to the internet, providing an extra layer of security against online threats. Cold wallets are typically used for long-term storage of significant amounts of cryptocurrencies and are less convenient for frequent transactions. There are two main types of cold wallets: hardware wallets and paper wallets.
– Priced at $78 with free shipping, KeepKey combines robust security with an array of features at an affordable cost. Notable for its control and visibility, the large display ensures clarity for every transaction, requiring manual approval through the device’s confirmation button.
– A well-known brand in the crypto space, Ledger‘s hardware wallets are popular among enthusiasts. It incorporates a Secure Element component for added security, similar to those found in passports and credit cards, which sets Ledger apart in terms of safety.
– Offering both hot and cold wallet solutions, SafePal provides flexibility to users. Available as software in the form of a wallet app or browser extension, as well as hardware in various cold wallet models, SafePal caters to users seeking an extra layer of functionality and security.
Now choose the best crypto to buy now
Knowing the basics, now you can choose the best way to buy crypto. Although there are more decisions to make. Well, no one said it would be easy.
Find the best crypto trading platform
Cryptocurrency exchanges function much like conventional central exchanges, such as typical online brokerages. They provide the necessary tools for trading and investing in various cryptocurrencies, including but not limited to Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Dogecoin. Apart from facilitating secure transactions of digital currencies and tokens, many best crypto trading platforms also present supplementary investment options like staking, lending, and custody of digital assets. If you’re looking for crypto trading apps, check out these:
Can you buy crypto with a credit card?
Certainly, you have the option to buy crypto with a credit card. Several widely used cryptocurrency exchanges enable credit card transactions when you configure your payment method within your account settings. With most of them, you can buy cryptocurrency with a credit or debit card if your card supports “3D Secure”. But you have to additionally check the terms of each place of the crypto trading to be sure.
Fast and dangerous way to make money in crypto
Aim at the most volatile crypto, which refers to a cryptocurrency that experiences significant and unpredictable price fluctuations over a short period. Volatility in the context of cryptocurrencies means that the value of the digital asset can change rapidly and dramatically. A highly volatile cryptocurrency can exhibit large price swings, both upward and downward, within a relatively short timeframe.
You can multiply the result by leveraging. It’s called leverage or margin trading. For example, you can use Binance leverage. Combined with borrowing additional funds from an exchange platform, it can result in significant lightning-fast changes in your account. VERY IMPORTANT is that it can’t go fast both ways, so be careful.
BlackRock’s recent activity in the crypto world
BlackRock’s iShares Bitcoin Trust (IBIT) has received approval from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to launch a spot Bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF). The ETF is set to trade on the Nasdaq starting January 11, 2024. IBIT aims to provide investors with a cost-effective and convenient way to access Bitcoin, removing obstacles and operational burdens associated with direct Bitcoin investment. Will this be another valuable BlackRock asset?
Possible implications of the BlackRock moves:
The SEC’s approval of BlackRock’s iShares Bitcoin Trust (IBIT) has significant implications for cryptocurrency investments and financial markets:
1. Increased accessibility: IBIT’s listing on Nasdaq provides mainstream investors with a more accessible entry into Bitcoin, potentially increasing acceptance among traditional investors.
2. Institutional validation: BlackRock’s approval of a Bitcoin ETF signals institutional validation for the cryptocurrency market, attracting more institutional capital.
3. Risk mitigation and convenience: IBIT addresses operational hurdles in direct Bitcoin investments, offering a regulated and convenient financial instrument, appealing to a broader investor base.
4. Market innovation: The launch of a Bitcoin ETF fosters market innovation, encouraging the development of new crypto-related investment products and strategies.
5. Global impact on regulation: SEC’s approval sets a precedent for global cryptocurrency regulation, potentially leading to a more standardized framework for crypto investments worldwide.
6. Integration of blockchain technology: Growing acceptance of Bitcoin ETFs may drive the integration of blockchain technology in traditional financial systems, as a result prompting institutions to explore blockchain-based solutions for various operational aspects.
The advantages of the IBIT
Dominik Rohe, Head of Americas iShares ETF and Index Investing business at BlackRock, highlights the benefits of IBIT, emphasizing its potential to facilitate broader investor participation in the Bitcoin market. BlackRock, with over 20 years of experience and a global presence in ETFs, aims to leverage its expertise to make investing in Bitcoin more accessible.
The registration statement for IBIT includes important information about the fund, cautioning investors to carefully consider investment objectives, risk factors, charges, and expenses. It stresses that investing in digital assets like Bitcoin involves significant risks due to price volatility, potential loss, theft, or compromise of private keys.
The document outlines various risks associated with investing in the iShares Bitcoin Trust, including the impact of market sentiment, industry developments, and governance changes on the value of Bitcoin. It also highlights risks related to security threats, competition from other digital currencies, and potential disruptions to the internet or digital asset networks.
The trust is not registered under the Investment Company Act of 1940 and is not subject to the same regulatory requirements as mutual funds or ETFs. Investors are warned that the value of the trust’s shares depends on the acceptance of Bitcoin, and various factors, including security procedures, could impact the trust’s assets.
Can you benefit from it and find the best crypto to buy now?
Consider the following strategies to benefit from this development:
1. Understand the intricacies of the asset class. Educate yourself on Bitcoin, blockchain technology, and the specific details.
2. Maintain a diversified portfolio. Think about how Bitcoin fits into your overall investment strategy and balance it with traditional assets to spread risk.
3. Determine the appropriate percentage of your portfolio that you’re comfortable allocating to Bitcoin or cryptocurrency-related investments. Your risk tolerance, financial goals, and time horizon should guide this decision.
4. Keep a close eye on regulatory developments related to Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. Because changes in regulations can impact market sentiment and the performance of Bitcoin ETFs. Adjust your investment strategy accordingly.
5. Instead of reacting to daily price movements, focus on the potential long-term growth of the asset class and its role in a diversified investment portfolio.
6. Familiarize yourself with secure storage options for digital assets, such as hardware wallets or reputable cryptocurrency exchanges. Being proactive about securing your investments adds an extra layer of protection.
7. Stay informed about market trends, technological advancements, and developments in the broader cryptocurrency space to make informed decisions about choosing the best crypto to buy now.
8. Periodically review and adjust your investment strategy based on changes in your financial situation, market conditions, and the regulatory landscape.
9. If you are new to Bitcoin or cryptocurrency investments, consider starting with a small allocation and scaling up gradually.
Do you believe that BlackRock’s actions will lead to a crypto bubble (a rapid and unsustainable surge in cryptocurrency prices)
Best crypto to buy now – conclusion
In a fast-paced world, a quick method of earning money can be both interesting and tempting. It’s important to note, however, that there are numerous ways to make money, and not every method is suitable for everyone. Consider a secure approach and exercise caution when making decisions about your savings. Always be prepared to invest an amount of money that you can afford to live without for a certain period. Avoid putting everything into one investment, whether it’s in crypto or not; diversification is the key to increased security.
As always, if you’re uncertain, seek the guidance of a professional who can answer your questions and assist you. While I’m not an experienced trader myself, I strive to be cautious at all times. Keep in mind that every decision you make carries responsibility with it. This is the best conclusion to draw from the situation. Take care!
FAQ: Best crypto to buy now
Q1: What is the iShares Bitcoin Trust (IBIT)?
IBIT is a spot Bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF) developed by BlackRock, designed to track the price of Bitcoin. It provides investors with a regulated and convenient way to gain exposure to the cryptocurrency market.
Q2: How does BlackRock’s iShares Bitcoin Trust (IBIT) impact the cryptocurrency market?
BlackRock’s approval of IBIT has several potential implications, including increased accessibility for mainstream investors, institutional validation for the cryptocurrency market, and fostering market innovation. However, investors should consider associated risks, including regulatory changes and market volatility.
Q3: Will BlackRock’s actions lead to a crypto bubble?
It’s challenging to predict market movements definitively. While BlackRock’s entry is seen positively by many, there is a potential risk of market overheating and increased volatility. Investors should stay informed, diversify their portfolios, and carefully consider their risk tolerance when navigating the cryptocurrency market.
Q4: Can you buy cryptocurrency with a credit card?
Yes, you can buy cryptocurrency with a credit card on many cryptocurrency exchanges. Most exchanges enable credit card transactions when you configure your payment method within your account settings. It’s important to check the terms and conditions of each platform to ensure compatibility with your credit card.
Q5: What are the most popular cryptocurrencies for investment?
As of January 2024, some popular cryptocurrencies for investment include Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Tether (USDT), Binance Coin (BNB), and Solana (SOL). Each cryptocurrency has its unique features and growth potential.
Consider checking my Blog page and getting more insights!
I’m here to help you in your journey, so if you have questions – feel free to go to the contact page.